My Summer Bucket List
So, since the Chiles are gone for several weeks this summer, I decided to create a list of things I’ve always wanted to do, but never have time or money for. These are mostly reasonable in both time, location & cash. I DO still have a job to do, after all!
Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Lethal Weapon Marathon—a friend of mine just reminded me of how much I enjoyed these before
2. True Blood Marathon—last summer I watched Seasons 1&2, I need to get caught up.
3. Get my passport—Hubby told me at Christmas that he’d pay for this. I’ve got all the documentation, just need to submit it. Anyone want to join me for an international getaway in a few months?
4. Voice lessons—I’ve returned to singing with a group I love (more on this later), but I’m not terribly confident in my sight reading abilities so I want to improve on this.
5. Visit the Tilted Kilt—If you are not familiar, this is kind of like Hooters, which does not terribly impress me. I want to see what all the fuss is about.
6. Learn to shoot—a handgun. It’s a power thing. Not that I want to go on a shooting spree. Just seems like something I ought to know how to do. Possibly relates to the Lethal Weapon thing.
7. Take a pole dancing class—again, something that’s always intrigued me. I’m not looking to change careers. But, have you seen the bodies these people have?! It’s supposed to be great for toning & trimming.
8. Ride the bull—the mechanical one at Whiskey River. I know, right now you’re thinking I’m going through a mid-life crisis. No, I’m just somebody that has to be a well-behaved mother for 10 months of the year but still has a repressed wild streak. What’s the harm in letting it out a little?
9. Take German lessons—Both Hubby & I had German in high school & have/had a natural profiency for it. However, just like most things, if you don’t use it, you lose it. I looked into this & it is SUPER expensive! However, I’m still looking for other options. It’s actually something we want to do as a family. Perhaps Rosetta Stone.
So, what’s on your Summer Bucket List?